The Pocket-Sized Blogging Guide Of 2023 (Free)
If you’re like me, you’ve probably read the equivalent of a few books worth of material on how to run a successful blog. You’ve read about getting more traffic, getting more subscribers, getting more links, more comments, social media shares, and so on.
If triggered, you can probably remember most of what you’ve read. But it’s easy to forget the steps involved, particularly when we consume so much new information every day.
The purpose of this post is to lay out the key principles of successful blogging in one place. The details of each point aren’t here because that’s where your own knowledge comes in.
But I think it should be helpful in terms of reminding us about the skills and habits that are most important to what we do. It’s a guide just like a complete checklist with advanced ideas.
I could have added a dozen more sub-headings, but I wanted to take some of my advice and simplify it down to the areas that I believe are most important.
The Blogging Guide
These blogging tips are not some YouTube video course because I am giving you the life experience that I have learned in the previous updates. Do not take my words lightly as I have survived many google updates while playing video games.
1. How to Grow?
- Self-promote until your posts start to get traffic with or without you.
- Produce something other people want to talk about.
- Always focus on building your blog’s vital signs: your comments and subscriber count, the marks of popularity that people can see.
- Build brand trust.
- Focus on internal linking to relevant content within your blog.
- Build topical clusters
2. How To Write Popular Posts?
- Time spent on the post is more important than your talent.
- Use your best idea — don’t save it.
- Highlight the best bits with formatting.
- Brainstorm headlines to increase CTR until you find the best one.
- Pour heaps of value into this one post. Don’t spread it thin. The Impact is key.
- Use interesting images to attract attention.
- Use your short intro to tell them what you’re going to tell them.
- Social media users are spoiled for choice. Assume they’re impatient.
- Link out to spread the word (outbound links).
- Ask for votes and links (just not too often).
- Use a blueprint. Look back into your blog’s history and emulate your most popular blog posts.
3. How To Get More Comments?
- Respond at any cost.
- Give answers to your commentators.
- Argue with them on a valid point.
4. How To Create A Blog That Is Well Designed And Usable?
- Assume that a visitor will never spend longer than three seconds searching for a link.
- If you want people to see something, don’t put it in your footer.
- If you don’t have an easy-to-find About page, make one now.
- Your headlines could be bigger than they are. They’re doorways into your posts.
- Use an interesting image in every post you want to draw traffic to.
- Declutter your blog by keeping only what’s important. Clutter leaves less attention to what matters.
- Make your blog user-friendly, it should be easy for users to navigate.
- Optimize crawl budget for google crawlers.
5. How To Stay Interested Over The Long Term?
- Don’t be afraid to write about what interests you, even if it’s a break with tradition for your blog.
- Learn to enjoy blogging as a hobby. Any success is a bonus.
- Never stop connecting with your audience, whether it’s 10 people or 100,000.
- Don’t be afraid to take breaks. A break is better than burnout, and your subscribers will stay with you. A blog that isn’t updating isn’t an interruption. But after sometimes must update the content.
6. How To Get More Subscribers?
- Do what’s necessary to maintain a very high content standard, even if it means posting once a week.
- The notion that subscribers unsubscribe if you post too little is a myth. If they like you, they’ll wait.
- Don’t overwhelm your subscribers with quantity.
- For someone to subscribe, they need to believe your blog will be useful in the future, not just now.
- A big RSS button and other gimmicks don’t convince people to subscribe. Your content and brand trust do.
People Also Ask
How To Make Money With Blogging?
- Focus primarily on growing your traffic because more traffic = more clicks.
- But remember, traffic isn’t worth anything if it’s not actually paying attention to you or your ads.
- There are dozens of ways to make money with your blog. Scrap what isn’t working and move on.
- Your advertising space is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
- Monetize your blog with CPA Networks.
- Work on topical clusters to build authority in your niche.
How To Think Of Great Post Ideas?
- Write every idea down. Don’t assume you’ll remember anything.
- Always return to what matters most for your audience. It’s impossible to cover that too much.
- Strokes of brilliance take time. Give yourself the time to have ideas by sitting down and brainstorming.
- Do keyword research within your niche.
- Follow the latest trends in your niche.
What is the Main Purpose of Blogging?
Blogging is a form of online content creation in which individuals or organizations share their thoughts, ideas, and experiences through written articles or posts on a website.
The primary purpose of blogging is to express yourself, share information, and your experience, and connect with others.
Blogging can be used as a tool for self-expression, personal branding, building a community, promoting a business or product, and more.