How to Reset Honeywell Thermostat? – 2023 Latest Guide
Despite Honeywell thermostats being among the most dependable and trustworthy in the marketplace, even the most powerful technology occasionally needs to be reset and repaired.
It could be necessary to reset your thermostat if your house feels a few degrees off, if you’ve seen an unusual increase in your electricity bill, or if it fails to activate your cooling and heating system.
The functioning of the Honeywell thermostat reset is consistent, although occasionally, the machine might benefit from a small amount of manual intervention.
Considering how unpredictable the weather is, raising the temperature in your house usually improves your comfort level. The majority of models provide options for outstanding performance. However, resetting is the only option if you cannot change it to meet your needs.
Pro Tip: There are several methods to reset settings for almost every model, use the table of contents given below to reach your required thermostat model.
How to do Honeywell Thermostat Reset?
There are several methods for resetting as specified by performance and model. The following are the potential reset options;
- The most helpful approach to thermostat reset is the factory reset. This entirely resets the device and restores its factory default settings from when you bought it.
- This solution is suitable for those who have a Wi-Fi thermostat. It clears the device memory of all stored wifi networks. Thus, it dismisses the WIFI networks.
- Allow to clear and remove the thermostat schedule to reset the plan and program the temperature regulating system again to meet your preferences.
- Resetting the memory of a particular model is referred to as model specific. It depends on the model of your thermostat, and it might require a different reset method.
Reset Programming Instructions:
Follow some simple instructions below;
- Firstly, prevent the leakage of the battery by turning off the thermostat.
- Take the screw out cautiously and remove the machine from the wall. During this process, avoid doing any harm to the screen or equipment.
- After detachment, open the battery compartment carefully to reinsert the batteries.
Tip: You can use a coin to open the compartment
- Reinsert it backward to connect the +ve side to -ve side terminals and vice versa. Then hold it for 5-10 seconds in this state.
- After that, remove the battery back to its correct position.
- Lastly, return the machine to its real spot and turn it ON. The device is now reset.
What Honeywell thermostat model do I have?
To reset the thermostat, you should know your device’s model. If you still have them, you’ll find the model on the product package or the thermostat ID card.
If both options are not available, remove your device from the wall and look at the back of the plate; you’ll find the product number.
Why my Honeywell thermostat is not working?
Several difficulties can be resolved by resetting the thermostat, which includes;
- Programming issues
- Connection issues with heater and air conditioner
- Inaccurate temperature readings
Reset Options For Different Models
Honeywell Thermostat 1000-2000 Series:
Reset the series by following the steps given below;
- Before tripping the circuit breaker, turn off the thermostat.
- Detach the thermostat from its mounting bracket.
- Now, take out the batteries of the device.
- Reinstall the batteries after that and connect the opposite poles together. For convenience, attach the battery’s +ve pole with the -ve pole and wait for 5-10 seconds.
- After this, please take out the batteries and return them to their respective places.
- Screw back the thermostat’s device to its plates.
- Finally, turn on the circuit breaker after a complete reset.
Honeywell Thermostat 4000 Series:
Follow the steps below;
- To begin, switch on the individual series thermostat and choose the teeth program option.
- Keep pressing the button; at the same time, you must also press the reset button. Sharp objects like paper clips can be used to press the reset button.
- Hold the program selection menu for a few seconds, and then leave it.
- Now your Honeywell thermostat 4000 series will be completely reset.
Honeywell Thermostat 6000WF Series:
Wifi is included in the 6000S Honeywell model. Therefore, there are three options for resetting the device. It could be manually reset by schedule reset and wifi thermostat reset.
- At the same time, press the fan and up button. Keep pushing it simultaneously.
- In the meantime, change the left number to 90 and the right to 1.
- Now click “Done.” Finally, the device is reset.
- Take the first move in the preceding technique.
- After that, press both buttons simultaneously, change the correct number to 1, and leave it to 85.
- Finally, select the “done” option.
- Begin by clicking the up and fan key at the same time.
- Meanwhile, set the left side to 39 and the right to 1.
- Click done, and that’s all.
How to Reset Touch Honeywell Thermostat
There are intelligent models of thermostats that contain a touchscreen system. Below are a few steps to reset the touch thermostat;
- Open the menu on the top right corner of the screen; by scrolling down, you’ll find the menu and select it.
- Now, scroll over the sub-menu to browse the option “reset factory default.”
- Next, press the button on-screen immediately. An approval page will appear for the factory reset request. Select ‘yes’ on the notification to proceed with a factory reset, and then the screen will disappear.
- Wait for a few seconds when the device switches ON and shows the Honeywell logo.
- Finally, the thermostat is fully reset. To resume working again, you must enter user details and basic information.
Honeywell Thermostat Reset RTH 8000
- Ensure RTH8500 is turned on
- Click on system
- The thermostat will display five blank buttons. Press and hold the middle blank button for almost five seconds.
- Click on “reset to factory settings.
Honeywell Thermostat Reset 8320-8580WF:
There are three ways to reset the thermostat described down here;
- Firstly, click on the “system” option.
- Secondly, in the middle of the screen, click on the blank box and press it.
- Meanwhile, change the correct number to 1 and left to 0710.
- Click on “done” and it’s reset.
- Press and hold the system button
- Then, in the center of the display, press the blank box.
- Until then, set the number left to 0900 and right to 0.
- In the end, click on done.
- Apply the prior techniques’ first two methods.
- Afterward, set the number right to 1 and left to 0165.
- Press “done” now.
Honeywell Thermostat Reset 8321WF:
Here are the three methods to follow up;
Reset the device manually
- Click on the menu button.
- Select the “dealer information” option.
- Next, scroll down to find the “date code” option.
- Click “done”
- Now, scroll down to navigate to the “installer options.”
- Insert the date code here.
- Click “reset the default.”
- Click “Yes” at the end.
Reset the Wifi
- Select “Menu”
- Scroll down to the wifi Setup option.
- Go to the wifi configuration menu and reset.
Reset the device’s schedule
- Select the option “menu.”
- Go to the dropdown option and navigate to “preferences.” Click on it.
- Scroll down to “default schedule.”
- Click on the reset schedule.
Honeywell Thermostat Reset 9000 Series:
Follow the steps down here;
Reset Thermostat Manually
- To access the “preferences section,” click on the menu button.
- Select “reset factory default,” and a new notification will display on your screen to ask permission to do a factory reset.
- Press on the option “yes,” and it’s reset now.
Reset Thermostat Wifi
- Begin by selecting the menu option.
- Click on a wifi network.
- Now, you will see a “Reset” option, reset wifi from there.
Reset Thermostat Schedule
- Select the option “menu.”
- Go to “preferences.”
- Now, select “Reset default schedule.”
- A notice will appear on your screen to ask permission and then you select “yes.”
Honeywell Thermostat Reset T5, T5+, and T6:
Follow the steps
- Press and hold the menu button.
- Meanwhile, scroll down and navigate to the option “reset.”
- Click on the “Reset” option, and you will notice the system gives permission and choose “yes” to complete the process.
- Press and hold the menu button at the same time.
- Scroll down to find “reset” and then click on it.
- After this, scroll to the wifi sub-menu. Click on it, and your device will automatically reset.
- Click on the “menu” and keep on pressing it.
- Meanwhile, scroll to the “reset” sub-menu and click on it.
- A new sub-menu will display; scroll to navigate to “schedule.”
- Click on done and all the thermostat schedule is cleared now.
Round Smart and Lyric Thermostats
In terms of features and appearance, these modest temperature-regulating devices are as smart as they come. They include simple reset processes that make it simple and fast to restart your thermostat.
Thermostat Factory Reset
- Hold down the cloud logo
- Navigate until you find the “reset” option
- Click on “reset.”
Thermostat Wifi Reset
- Hold down the cloud logo
- Browse until you find the “wifi” option.
- Click on “wifi.”
- Scroll down to the “setup” option
- Click on “setup.”
- Now, enter the network settings you wish.
Thermostat Schedule Reset
To configure or change the functionality of round smart and lyric thermostats. Use the Honeywell home mobile application on your smart devices like phones, laptops, and tablets.
Honeywell Thermostat Recovery Mode
The majority of Honeywell thermostats are appropriate for your HVAC system. The thermostat may turn off and be on energy-saving mode for a more extended period; there is a possibility that it might turn back on to power and show that it is in recovery.
Contemplate the recovering mode, which adapts to outdoor temperature and applies the appropriate temperature internally. In recovery mode, your thermostat will detect the outdoor temperature and adjust the inside temperature to be cooler or warmer than the outdoor one.
The programmable thermostat includes a recovery mode setting. If you had configured it to do so, you would anticipate the thermostat to enter the recovery mode before it reaches the temperature it was scheduled to attain at a specific time.
Nevertheless, it could take place without being scheduled. Generally, it happens after inconsistent and unpredictable thermostat changes. If this happens with your device, you should reset it to clear the settings.
How to Add a New Device through Honeywell App
Whenever you try to install the Honeywell home app, you should add a new device to it. To solve the connectivity issues, if you cannot connect to the Honeywell thermostat through the app, you can once again add a new device to your app.
However, if you cannot connect through your smartphone, it doesn’t mean your thermostat is not functioning properly. You simply need to reload your wireless connection to connect it to your app. So, it will just reconnect the app to a smartphone to work again.
Honeywell Thermostat Wifi Connection Issues
If your house is equipped with numerous smart home appliances, soon you’ll spend a lot of time making everything function properly. Because Honeywell works for smart things, and the most frustrating part is that you face issues with wifi connection as we all do most of the time.
Although Honeywell frequently changes their software to address such minor issues, it still can be exceedingly annoying. Here are some solutions to your problems.
1. Make sure that you’re using the right Honeywell app.
There are two apps of the Honeywell brand named; total connect comfort and Honeywell Home. Honeywell Home is also for other products of Honeywell, but total connect comfort is just for the single thermostat.
You cannot change the app with anyone else device. As a newbie, always choose Honeywell Home and add a new device to it through the “add new” option or “+” option to connect immediately.
2. Upgrade the Honeywell App
Always keep your eyes on version updates because It is the fastest troubleshooting solution. Visit the play store or app store according to your device preferences. However, Honeywell releases updates every two weeks now. You should turn on the auto-update option on your device so it won’t bother you again and again.
3. Problem with internet connection on thermostat
This issue could be due to the router’s not functioning well before getting into a frustrating state. It’s better to check your router correctly. Try to check internet connections on other devices as well if it’s not even working on them, then restart your router or modem.
If this doesn’t work as well, you better contact your internet service provider to fix your issue.
4. Interference connection issues
Wifi connection issues may be due to the device’s shared network interference. One of the standard internet connection issues is tremendous interference from other smart devices in your home. As the Honeywell thermostat range is 2.4GHz and many other devices are 5GHz.
So, try using the 2.4GHz on your wifi router and turn your other devices to work on this frequency will be a great help to get rid of interference issues. Another solution for this problem is enabling your wifi router to use different channels to avoid using the low interference channels.
5. Make sure your thermostat is connected to a 2.4 GHz Band
As discussed above, most of the wifi router’s range is 5GHz – 2.4GHz. The Honeywell thermostat range is 2.4GHz, and it’s better to set your router frequency to 2.4GHz to avoid interruption in the network.
Flaws In Your Thermostat
Since the issue can be methodically identified, it can be fixed swiftly and efficiently. You may enjoy a better connection with the Honeywell wifi thermostat.
There are some excellent features of Honeywell wifi thermostat such as; energy saving mode, changing the background colors on your display screens, humidity tracker, and lock screen for security purposes.
1. Thermostat Temporary Changes
The thermostat arrow buttons are used to manually change the temperature settings if you happen to require a cooling or heat boost within a predetermined period. The temperature will be modified for only two hours before returning to its original level.
This method is referred to as a “bypass period,” It starts functioning when the home symbol on your screen starts flashing. If you find it challenging to use the programmable thermostat, you can try other models of Honeywell thermostats to make it easier for yourself to use either at your house or at the workplace.
Important Note: Several thermostats are directly connected to your house’s electricity system. Therefore, it is best to remain cautious to avoid any mishap. Turning the device off and removing it from the electrical circuit is preferable. Moreover, avoid operating the thermostat while holding with damp hands on the device. Believe me, I have experienced it and you would not like it.
2. Contact A Professional
If you’ve already reset your Honeywell thermostat and it’s still not working, your thermostat is defective, or your HVAC system is experiencing another issue.
It is better to contact a professional in this situation. When an issue extends beyond a malfunctioning thermostat, they are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and training to identify it.
This is a detailed guide for resetting several Honeywell thermostat models. You can rest the devices according to the guidelines for your specific device model. In case there is a problem and you cannot reset the thermostat. A professional should always be called to reset the device.
Do not get overwhelmed or depressed because of such small issues because technical devices can cause problems sometimes but you will find complete solutions here.
Resetting a thermostat is not a complicated process, as long as you know which type of thermostat you have. Resetting your thermostat can often help it resume normal operation and maintain your comfort.
People Also Ask
How to manually reset the Honeywell thermostat?
First, turn off the thermostat using the power switch before you start the manual reset. Also, turn off your electric circuit breaker to avoid harm; after a few seconds, switch both back on. This is enough time for the system to reboot. If it doesn’t work, then it means your thermostat is broken.
How to reset the battery on the Honeywell thermostat?
Before resetting the battery, make sure the Honeywell thermostat is turned off. After that, remove the batteries by opening the battery panel. Now, put them back in as instructed. At last, leave it for a minute to settle and reset.
What is the purpose of holding onto the Honeywell thermostat?
The purpose of the hold on the Honeywell thermostat device is to lock the temperature at the intended level until and unless you click on the ‘run’ button, which resets the thermostat back to the pre-programmed schedule.
How to unlock the thermostat?
The method to unlock a thermostat varies depending on the brand and model of the thermostat. For example, to unlock a Honeywell thermostat, you would need to enter the menu and enter your unit’s key code. For a Nest thermostat, you can unlock it by entering a four-digit PIN code on the thermostat or using the app.
You can find specific instructions on how to unlock your thermostat by referring to the owner’s manual or by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
What if we lost the passcode?
Stop worrying yourself, and there is a solution to this problem.
- Try to enter the passcode 1234. If it doesn’t work, follow the steps below.
- Detach the device from the wall; you’ll find the four digits and date code at the back of the thermostat.
- Now add 1234 to four digits date code. For example; 1234 + 1425 = 2659. A new passcode will be 2659.
- After this, open the menu on the thermostat and enter the new passcode. You can reset the passcode if you wish.
How do I get my Honeywell thermostat back to system setup?
To access the advanced menu, press and hold the Menu and + buttons simultaneously for approximately 5 seconds. Once the advanced menu appears, select the option labeled “System Setup (ISU)” to get back to system setup.